I thought feeding my husband was tough enough, then I had two boys who apparently got their dad’s garbage disposal gene. My love for couponing began when my husband and I were financially strapped and had our first son. I decided I needed to switch from nursing to formula (for many personal reasons). This added a huge expense to our budget along with the new expenses of day care and diapers. Fast forward to 2018 and now saving money on groceries is easier than ever with a smart phone. The hardest part: taking 3 minutes after your shop to earn some money back! Priorities!!
All you need: your receipt and a smart phone.
In a nutshell, I save my receipt and as soon as possible, take pictures of the receipt using the following apps.
- Coinout This site is great b/c you just snap a pic of your receipt and immediately get pennies back! Even better…it’s not just for groceries!!! Use this for gas, store, and restaurant receipts too!
- Fetch Rewards Another quick scan and you earn points towards giftcards! I use the gift cards to buy Christmas gifts or more groceries! Use code B1CFG and get 2000 points after your first receipt!
- Ibotta Ok so this can get addicting. I find myself checking this app BEFORE I go to the store as I make up my list b/c then I can save even more money. You scan your receipt and choose which offers you can use from items you bought. Ibotta is great because it also always has “any items” where you don’t have to buy a specific brand to get money back and even regularly offers cash back on produce! While I use this for more gift cards for online shopping… my good friend has now embraced Ibotta and recently saved the money for her family’s spending vacation cash!! They also do bonuses for even more cash back when you buy so many items in a given period. You can use Ibotta for online shopping as well, to get cash back, as long as you go through the app!
- Checkout 51 Another app that allows you to upload your receipt after shopping and check the items you bought for cash back. (I also like to match this up with my list…sometimes an item I need is on both Ibotta and Checkout 51 ching ching!!)
- Saving Star. A great app with great customer service. You select the deals you want, and upload your receipt. Saving star even links certain grocery store membership cards so you don’t even have to take pictures of receipts. If you use this method, make sure to select your deals on the app BEFORE shopping.
To make life a little easier, I put all of the apps in a “finance” menu on my smart phone so they are all there ready for me to start scanning after a shopping trip! Start saving for your next vacation, Christmas fund, or grocery store trip right now!! Happy scanning!